The strata council has never visited our unit to investigate. The minutes say Unit 409's structural issues were to be dealt with during the building envelope project. The strata paid over $800 for floor leveling compound in Unit 510, about $25,000 for replacement value repairs to Unit 227, $5,885 to replace Unit 518's fireplace, and it left Unit 409 unrepaired.
In trying to make sense of the disparity, I thought at first that it was further retaliation for previously criticizing Stratawest's misconduct in dealing with common property, strata records, and management contracts, but then I realized that the source of the flood was the responsibility of the council member in charge of insurance, who was negotiating a new contract, and may have left the strata uninsured on the date of loss, since the comparative losses and the deductibles and dates of coverage in the minutes are contradictory, and I was never able to obtain a copy of a signed and dated policy.